The Donaldson Group
Apartments located in
Recent The Donaldson Group reviews
It's just what I need!
Although the kitchen is small, the living room is spacious. After that, I have a curtain that separates the living room from the alcove, which is where my bed is. It allows me to have privacy. The walk in closet is slightly small, as well as a bathroom. However, considering that this is a studio, it makes 100% sense for it to be this size.
- Less than 5 minute walk to campus
- Clean building
- Quiet neighbors
- No pests
- Quick maintenance request turn-around
- Lots of laundry machines
- New gym as of 2016
- Power has never gone out
- Always have hot water
- Can only pick up packages M-F 9am-5pm
- Neighborhood lacks nightlife/entertainment
- Gym is very basic
- Washing machine is $2/load; dryer is $1.50/load
- Cannot control temperature. Building either turns on the AC or heat every 6 months. Open a window, get a fan, or get extra blankets if you're uncomfortable. Note, however, that neither the heat nor AC is usually at an extreme temperature. They are pretty good about keeping the building at a moderate temperature.
Convenience was my top priority and I have it here at Empire.
Nice place but too close to GWU
The apartments in this building are well kept and the floors are pretty quiet. I also really like being able to walk to the blue/orange/silver and red line trains. Also a quick walk to Dupont Circle and Georgetown!
My only qualm is that there is a GWU freshman dorm across the street along with a cafe that is open until 3:00am Friday and Saturday. Technically the street is a 'quiet zone' but that rule is not enforced whatsoever so it can get rather loud outside on the weekends.
Perfect for Me
I'm a senior at GW who missed the deadline for housing. The Empire is perfect because it's right on campus and easy access to all my classes. My studio is nice and cozy. It's not the most modern apartment but the management does a good job keeping it up. Utilities are included and there's a ton of GW students. It also worked out cheaper than GW housing for me. no regrets.If you're a GW student looking for good and decent housing on campus you can't go wrong with Empire.
Cheap and great for location
For a studio in the area, can't beat the price. Building is clean and nice, though nothing fancy. No gym in building. One laundry room in the basement, no recycling. Building is mostly GW grad students and young professionals. The building only offers studios and 1BRs I think.
2 blocks from the law school
Quickly respond to maintenance requests