- 24-Hour Front Desk
- Business Center
- Cat friendly
- Fitness Center
- Granite Countertops
- Indoor Pool
- Oversize or penthouse units
- Parking Garage
- Resident Lounge
- Rooftop Deck
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- Washer/Dryer In Unit
About this Location
17 min walk
43 (bus) - 5 min
updated 24 hrs ago
Schedule Appointment At(215) 398-1073
Basic Cable Included
Stainless Steel Appliances
Washer/Dryer In Unit
Parking & Transportation
Pet Terms & Amenities
Security & Maintenance
24-Hour Front Desk
Sports & Fitness
Unique Unit Types
Oversize or penthouse units
Overall rating 7.7/10, based on 12 renter reviews
Lofts 640 reviews and highlights
- Conveniently located close to all of the Fairmount St. Shops
- Building is incredibly safe
- Open floorplan and very high ceilings
- Quiet, welcoming, and safe neighborhood
- Convenient social environment
- Dry cleaning can be dropped off at the front desk
- Full of professional students, young professionals, and families
- Rooftop deck with a 180 degree view of downtown Philadelphia
- Small, but nice gym
- Next to three wonderful restaurants
- Hot tub, pool, and rooftop deck
- Maintenance always responds to requests within 24 hours
Ok place with great ceilings and spacious, but lousy management
Lofts 640 is one of the few places in Philly with covered parking built-in that is still affordable and close to Center City. I love the location, and the lofts style, but management could be better, friendlier, and more available. And they need to replace the carpets!
1 bed / 1 bath
Great management and amenities
We have lived here for 2 years and love it. The front desk people are great, and take the time to know everyone in the building. The amenities are fantastic - pool and gym are never busy, at times it's almost like having your own private pool. The maintenance requests were always responded to quickly. The aesthetic is very modern (all lofts). I felt that it was well worth the price.
Studio / 1 bath
Mixed bag but pretty good overall
The building included a lot of amenities, which were useful. Apart from the couple of restaurants right next to it, it's a short walk to the Fairmount neighborhood, and a more substantial trip down to Center City and the rest of the action in Philadelphia. Maintenance response was good, but some of our problems took months to be resolved. From speaking to others around the building, it seems a bunch of units had problems with their electricity bills, which were always very high for everyone. The front desk is very helpful to have, depending on who's working. Overall, it had everything I needed and I enjoyed living there, so long as the bar wasn't set too high. If I had to do it again, I would do it for a slightly lower rent.
Studio / 2 baths
Big place around 900-1000 sq feet with good amenities and included parking which is huge. Decent neighborhood but not the best. Very close to Chinatown and walkable to museum area and center city. Bad thing is they are very strict about no pets. Door to door to cooper is probably around 20 minutes
1 bed / 1 bath
Safe area and great location
Lofts 640 is a great apartment building with parking (included in rent!) and a gym on site.
2 beds / 2 baths
Great apartment building in fun neighborhood
I love the amenities that come with this building and reduced cable/internet discount. The gym and swimming pool are enough for my needs and great rooftop for a change of scenery. Alla Spina is right across the street and Fairmount Ave hosts a bunch of great bars and restaurants. Only gripe is I do wish the building was dog friendly.
1 bed / 1 bath
Very spacious & good amenities
While you can find cheaper 1 br in a building, lofts 640 truly is the best bang for your buck. Pool and hot tub are only open til 11 pm, but gym is being improved on with new perks (free trainer). The North Broad stretch is up and coming, with new bars, apartments. You feel the city living without the true traffic/chaos since Fairmount is still a residential area.
1 bed / 1 bath
I moved here more out of necessity than desire -- I needed an affordable apartment with a secure parking lot. Lofts 640 has delivered more than I could have expected! Quiet, nice amenities, helpful staff. Love it here! Perhaps most notable is the amount of space you get for your dollar -- way more than any other building in the area or, most likely, the city.
Studio / 1 bath
Quiet and Clean
This building is constructed of solid concrete, which is nice, because it helps to muffle the noise from neighbors. The ceilings are high, with large windows and gives it a modern feel. The windows however, are not insulated well at all, and in the winter, they let in a lot of air. The forced AC/Heat work, but since the vent is fairly high on the wall, the heat just rises, and it runs constantly trying to keep the apartment at a 63 degrees in the winter.The gym is great for an apartment building, however, it does get cramped when you have people trying to use jump ropes, Pilates, and other routines that take up floor space. BUT, there is a pilates/Yoga studio space. Overall, this is a really nice community to live in, and management is very cooperative and helpful. The building offers social gatherings for residents, and holiday parties.
1 bed / 1 bath
Not the best location, but close enough to everything and great amenities and value.
1 bed / 1 bath
Santuccis Original Square Pizza
La Scala’s Pronto
City View Pizza Spring Garden
Jimmy G’s Steaks
Ridge Ave Pizza & Grill
Crown Chicken Pizza & Grill
Fairmount Pizza and Grill
Rex Style Pizza
Spring Garden Pizza & Restaurant
Crown Fried Chicken
Flambo Caribbean Restaurant
Kelliann’s Bar & Grill
St. Stephen’s Green
Sakura Japanese Cuisine
Sazon Restaurant & Cafe
Whole Foods Market
Spring Garden Market
MOM’s Organic Market
The Gun Range
Golf Science Center
Devon Wiliams Personal Training
Maxercise MMA Academy
The Racquet Club of Philadelphia
Franklin Square Mini Golf
Osagame Martial Arts and Fitness
Art In Motion Dance Academy
Philly Dance Fitness
L&M Dance Studio
Lifesport Fitness Resource Center
Mindful Elephant Yoga
Roots Philly Yoga
Philly Personal Training
Priya Hot Yoga
The Sporting Club at the Bellevue
Freehouse Fitness Studio
Clemente Park and Playground
Roberto Clemente Park & Playground
PHS Pop Up Garden - Viaduct Rail Park
Logan Square Park
Matthias Baldwin Park
Gymboree Play & Music
Washington Square Park
Sister Cities Park
Christ Church Burial Ground
Kayuh Bicycles & Cafe
OCF Coffee House
Win Win Coffee Bar
Getting around Fairmount
15 (light rail)
Parking at Lofts 640
Parking Near Lofts 640
Parkway Broad & Spring Garden
Patriot Parking 427-443 N Broad St
Philly Parking Now Northeast Parking System
There are, however, some downfalls that make living there less than ideal...
1) CON: There is a night club two doors down called The Playhouse that plays extremely loud music until 2am EVERY NIGHT OF THE WEEK. I'm 26 and understand that clubs will generally have big nights, and I'd be OK with that happening Friday/Saturday, maybe even a Thursday night. But a Sunday or Tuesday night? When I need to get a good night's sleep to be able to function at work? No way. It has been a huge pain, and my roommates & I felt that we were duped by our landlord into believing it wouldn't be an issue - yet we hear it every night.
2) CON: Living on N Broad St., you can definitely expect things to be on the uglier side of the spectrum, given the area's recent rugged history; still, the omnipresence of trash everywhere you look when you walk out your front door is simply appalling. No doubt, I hold those people accountable who can't hold on to their items until they reach a trash can or can't dispose of it in a practical manner, but the fact that it's SO difficult to find a trash can in certain parts of the city is a huge part of the problem - unlike NYC where there is a can every six feet. On a side note: NOBODY likes those trash cans where you have to touch/grab the handle to pull it open - it's just as bad as sticking your hand inside the can to pull trash out.
3) CON: Lack of security & overall unpredictability of the neighborhood. My girlfriend never even wants to stay at my place for fear of walking around the area. We made a stop at the CVS at Broad & Girard, and, during that visit, we saw two separate arrests & a drunken man yelling at the store clerk & every patron in sight. Aside from that, I was almost rammed off the road by a woman right at Broad & Poplar: Simply put, it seems she didn't like that I didn't realize the light was green for a few seconds, so she beeped her horn uncontrollably, drove up beside my car to lower her window & yell expletives, then take a sharp swerve to her right on the steering wheel to push me off the road. Luckily, I braked and she missed, but she had no intention of stopping as she drove up onto the sidewalk and continued through the following red light. Recently, I noticed I was side-swiped on my car parked right on Parrish, and I can absolutely attribute it to the fact that there are folks who drive in an insanely reckless manner in the neighborhood.
Constant violent remarks from absolute strangers, countless homeless individuals lining the streets, overall uncertainty of safety. The CONS undoubtedly weigh the PROS.
4) PROS include: I can hop on the BSL at the Fairmount station and make it to my office @ the Wanamaker in less than 20min door-to-door. I also like that there are some great bars/eateries within walking distance in the Fairmount area - even if I don't always feel completely safe walking late at night.
Cons: Rent is a bit steep, but you do get a lot of space for your money. Pool/tub/gym area should be accessible past 11 pm and before 6 am for those who are up.
Similar apartments & condos