Apartments located in
- Great modern amenities such as swimming pool or fitness center.
- Conveniently located next to public transit or retail options.
- Management is friendly and hepful.
Recent Brodsky reviews
Nice apartment but location could be better and bad value-for-money ratio
The apartment is ok; it has a modern kitchen and wooden floor, and three closets for clothes and other stuff. Also, move in was very quick and uncomplicated. However, all together not worth USD 4,500 for the following reasons:
- It is two blocks away from the main road with metro. Its just a little too remote and the walk gets a little annoying - in particular as a woman at night.
- The other renovated apartments seem to have their own laundry machine, which mine doesn't. From the high price, I am not sure this apartment was originally supposed to have a laundry machine, but just never installed it (they also told me when I moved in that they are just about to replace the AC/heater and never did and my neighbours were very surprised that there is no laundry machine, so it seems like they just to "forgot" to put it in or never did because they found a person stupid enough to pay USD 4500.- for this).
- When I moved in the place was just disgusting and not clean at all (cat hair everywhere, cat toys under the oven, yellow grease all over the kitchen). - - - They are always renovating something above your head and within the first 5 months they turned off the water three times for some renovations.
everything is near my house
subways, buses, grocery shops, central park, broadway theaters, lincoln center, carnegie hall, and any other thing you want to enjoy
New apartment, nice space, great location
The building is generally great. The space in the apartment is very well laid out, so even though it's small it's high quality of life. The location for Stern students is ideal. There are 5+ trains that I can take to class, and I am never more than a ten minute walk to a direct train back home anywhere in Manhattan. The building is on top of a Trader Joe's, a Target, and the DeKalb train stop so it's just easy to live here. Downtown Brooklyn doesn't have as much to offer as other neighborhoods, but the trade-offs are well worth it in my opinion.
One weird flaw: in the apartment we can hear random irregular "drips" - like a drop of water dripping onto something. Management says they can't do anything about it. You kind of get used to it, but it's an odd and annoying quirk.
West End Towers
Nice doorman building in a quiet area.
Convenient walk to class!
I really like the apartment complex. It is a short walk to campus (6-7 min), right next to Riverside Park, offers a free commuter shuttle to Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center (not to school, but the station), has doormen, packages delivered to a front desk, and is overall quiet. Lots of young families live in the complex too.
Lots of families in the building. $100 is absolutely worth is for gym/pool/terrance/study space etc.
Packages are tracked, email you when you have one.
Maintenance is quick to reply and fix.
Great housing experience
I really like the building I am living in. It is very secure and building management is very responsive. It's expensive but worth the price for the most part. For cooling, it was great but I never needed to turn on my heat into mid-December presumably due to heat rising from units below. It wasn't a problem at that point but I think it could potentially be as we enter the much colder months. Also, for the social aspect, I don't know if it's the pandemic or the building but I haven't really seen very many other residents and haven't found anyone who is a similar age to hang out with.
75 West End Towers Review
Great Apartment, Tough Spot
Great building and really nice apartments with up-to-date appliances and amenities. Management is quite rude and takes no accountability, but still responsive. Ex: There is currently facade work going on (started around June 2021 and is set to finish in two years) that is so loud it shakes my apartment. My partner works from home and has had to take sick days on days when the noise is particularly loud because he cannot hear on the other end of the phone. Management told me there is no noise when I tried complaining about it and then said there's nothing they can do. In the middle of a potential legal battle with them for violating several housing codes due to the noise.
South Park Tower Review
Great and so close to school
Good location, good price, BAD problem
It's close to school, the subways, and central park which is great. My rent is also very good. However, the building had a bed bugs problem for nearly six months and my apartment was infested for some time. The management was difficult and many tenants moved out.
decent but know what you are getting/missing
old building, but relatively clean. apartment lacks stove vent and bathroom fan, so note this in your negotiation (or accept as compromise for good location).
doormen and maintenance is great, and mail (and food) is delivered inside apartment unit.
negotiate with property company so that you can get access to the gym without paying extra (or negotiate this at renewal).
Everyone is super helpful and nice. The only thing is the building manger never answers her emails about rent questions or trying to get access to the gym downstairs. Besides her, everyone else has been amazing!