Alterra Property Group
Apartments located in
- Very responsive management
Recent Alterra Property Group reviews
Spacious apartment in a vibrant neighborhood
I like my apartment very much for its decent amenities and vibrant neighborhood. It has a tall ceiling, the windows in the living room are long and large, allowing much of the sunshine inside, and is quote spacious. There is a gym and a media centre. The neighborhood is quite away, say, from the Wharton bubble but it is close to a lot of really nice cafés and restaurants that I enjoy very much.
Great Location for School
I live here and go to school and everything has worked out well since starting school. Things are quiet and I never have to worry about not being able to study at home, even with my noisy pets and spouse. They always have something to do since we are close to everything we could ask for. I love this aspect of living here. In addition, if we want to go somewhere new, we are close to public transportation.
Love the Pepper Building!
The management here is amazing and very friendly. There is a great gym in the basement, as well as a bike storage room. Close to various bus lines, parks, restaurants, and bars. The building is also very pet friendly, and most people in the building have dogs. We love living here!
Perfect first apartment
My zen den has been an amazing first apartment. It may be small to some, but I have just enough space for myself, my cat, and friends. I love having my own washer/dryer, but I do wish I had hardwood floors and a garbage disposal. Everything else is great from the friendly greetings every single time I walk in, to the gym in the basement free to use at any time.
The arch is in a great location directly across from the Comcast building close to love park and city hall. They have a great gym on the second floor of the building. The apartments are definitely on the smaller side but they are very modern and nice. Quiet building I can never hear anyone else on my floor, I am on the 12th. Would highly recommend
Larger living space in an up and coming neighborhood
The apartment has lots of space, and a quant 2 floor loft style arrangement. Alterra Property Group has been very responsive with any of our inquiries, and about any regular maintenance requests. Dog fees are very reasonable. Parking available right next door for exclusive use by residents. Easy to make feel like a home!
Perfect slice of the city in great location.
This apartment is a medium size but feels much bigger because of the high ceilings. All the standard modern amenities. Designated parking lot is extra but definitely worth it. Amazing neighborhood for young professionals and young families. Very pet friendly.
Great location and management, basic amenities
We lived in The Arch for 4 years and had no serious complaints. Teresa is a great building manager. Overall, nice apartments, though a little on the small side. Gym, study room, and TV room are nice though basic. Liked the ease of bill pay/rent payments and online management system. Good location near Rittenhouse though street parking is terrible for visitors. Decent garages nearby. Bike share stops closeby which makes traveling around the city easy. Would recommend this building to anyone looking to live in Center City.
Great building great location
The Pepper Building is a really nice building close to Rittenhouse. The staff is very friendly. There is a full-time concierge who accepts packages and it feels very safe. If there are any maintenance issues they are fixed within 24 hours. I love living there.
Spacious and sunny apartment, 10 min walk from Rittenhouse
We have lived at the Textile Lofts since August, having lived at 640 N Broad St Lofts before this. We liked the Lofts (and it was super cheap!) but definitely glad we moved here.
- SUPER sunny (in our apartment at least) because all our windows (which are very large) face south - including bedroom. We have Nest which we used in Summer to cool the place down a bit but haven't needed it yet even on cold days, because the place retains so much heat from the sunlight.
- Spacious 850 sq feet, the bedroom in particular is very large. It's all well-proportioned. The lounge room ("2nd bedroom" at a stretch) is a little raised area (2 steps) which feels really cozy and has enough room for a large chaise lounge, a tv cabinet, and a coffee table.
- Recently renovated so has beautiful light wooden floorboards, new carpeting in the lounge room, new kitchen benches, and new tiling and other amenities in the bathroom
- Extra wide window ledges so we bough some thick mats to lay on either end, and we can sit on the window ledge and read or write or whatever. It's quite lovely.
- Big laundry space with a washer and dryer, It has enough room to store both our bikes and many other things
- They have also recently renovated the lifts and all the common areas because Alterra only took over the property recently. Looks pretty nice.
- You don't need a key to get into your apartment - they have installed all doors with key codes. I enjoy this a surprising amount.
- Awesome location. Maybe a little outside of the 'Wharton Bubble' but to be honest that's actually really nice. It's still only a 10 minute walk from Rittenhouse Square, which is plenty close enough.
- Some lovely coffee locations nearby - Rival Bros on 24th and Lombard, Ultimo Coffee on 22nd and Christian, and then La Colombe, Elixir and Bluestone Lane all around Rittenhouse.
- CVS Pharmacy across the road and South St Market about a block away
- The goddman garbage truck that comes by every morning around 5am. I am a super light sleeper but it gets through even my ear plugs. My partner is a heavier sleeper than me and it still wakes him up sometimes. The windows could definitely do with double glazing.
- Sometimes the gym below can be a little loud. It's never really bothered me but you can hear thuds every now and then when people drop weights or throw medicine balls against the wall. On the plus side, it's a really nice and super convenient gym for like $60 a month!
- The drains in the bathroom seem to clog fairly easily
- It could be considered a little expensive for $2000 a month. Worth it to us, but you can definitely get cheaper places in Philly (but maybe not so close to Rittenhouse SQ, and probably wouldn't be as nice or as big)
- No nice grocery store nearby. South St Market does the job in a pinch, but I don't love their fresh produce. Nearest Whole Foods is on 10th and South, and Trader Joes on 22nd and Market, but is always super busy. I often end up grabbing bits and pieces from Maxx's Produce on my way home but it's a bit expensive to do that all the time.
- We managed to get away with not buying a kitchen island but cupboard space is definitely a bit tight. We don't store that much food so we do ok. We went with a bigger dining table instead. I think the people before us had a smaller table and got a kitchen island. The space is pretty open though so you can do what you'd like.
Overall, most of the cons are pretty minor. The most annoying one is definitely the garbage truck because I love sleep a lot. We love living in this apartment and I love my walk to work every morning - Pine, Lombard, and Spruce streets and all the other smaller ones around there are really lovely. Love being close to great restaurants and coffee places in all directions. Highly recommend!
Dream Come true
I looked at a lot of places and was skeptical about renting in a high rise, but this was the best decision I ever made. The neighborhood is quiet the tenants are friendly. The facility is pet friendly. Great for any age. My apartment is spacious and is a place I love to call home.
Lovely older building
The Versailles is incredibly spacious. It has old architecture and the South side has lots of light. I recommend a higher floor since it can be easy to hear traffic on lower floors. The doormen are super friendly and neighbors are great. Building is currently being renovated though.
old, but good
A lot of space, but only 1 bathroom is kind of bad. They are renovating the apartments, so def. should be an amazing upgrade once they are done! Small gym is nice-2 treadmill, 2 ellipticals, 2 bikes and some weights! Friendly maintenance men! Old building but a lot of space for current price.
Beautiful older spacious building
The building is beautiful with lots of natural lighting and massive apartments. Sometimes have issues with getting hot water but the management is very responsive. Doormen are super friendly!
Old building, but great value
We get a lot for our money at the Versailles. There are three of us living in a 1700 sq ft apartment, with a very large living room and full dining room. The bedrooms are also decently sized. It is an old building so there are somewhat frequent issues with the elevator and water pressure/temperature. When there are problems, management is very responsive. There are a mix of students and older people in the building, so they do tend to be strict about having large parties. I like the location because it is near Rittenhouse Square and a lot of bars/restaurants. The downside of the location is that it is at the far end of Rittenhouse so it is a longer walk to school than many other buildings.