Recent Equity Residential reviews
Great, like-new apartments with natural light
The apartments feel relatively new, even though they're somewhere around 15-20 years old. They have large windows and parque floors and have good storage and are spacious for a Manhattan apartment. The appliances are stainless steel and look new. The doormen are great, and management is responsive to service requests. The building sits right on top of a grocery store and many other amenities are in the area. The only downside is the distance from subway stops- most are a ~15 minute walk away.
- Location: Financial District
- 1.5 blocks from 7th Street Metro Station
- Great walkability; Near shopping centers (The Bloc, Fig at 7th), restaurants & bars
- Unit has lots of windows (although they look out to a courtyard/ wall)
- Remodeled rooms are more modern (relative to hallways & lobby)
- Pool & gym rooftop views
- Maintenance staff & most concierge and leasing staff is really nice
- Have a couple tenant events a year (would enjoy more!)
- Tenant Parking (was told I'd be on a wait list for about 3 months; after 6 months, I was somehow further down the wait list than where I started)
- Guest Parking (There is a valet option, but spots are prioritized for Public School 805 restaurant, so guests often have to look for parking elsewhere)
- Management doesn't always respond to email inquiries
- Offensive pet waste smell in hallways & in back area where you pick up mail/throw out recycling (carpets not cleaned often enough, given the problem)
- Trash chutes not cleaned often enough, also negatively impacting hallway smell
- Lobby & hallways are very dated & somewhat dark
- In-unit laundry machines are horrible; Can pay for common area machines, but mold & smells are often an issue (not managed by Pegasus)
- Elevators often have issues
- Common areas could use more regular cleaning
- Management doesn't communicate building happenings/updates as often as I think would be most helpful
- Less amenities relative to all the new development in Downtown LA
- Management doesn't seem to enforce rules, despite being asked to address issues (pet waste, trash & boxes left outside individual units for extended periods)
- Constant noise from operations machinery on the roof (windows not the best at keeping out sound)
Flats at Dupont Circle
So close to work, nice amenities, and you can get an apartment with a view!
Perfect Spot - A tad expensive for a student
I live with my boyfriend and we split rent for a studio, which is the only way we can afford this place. I love it here though. The layout of the apartment is great, there is a lot of closet space, and the management is fantastic and responds very quickly when there are any issues.
Westside on Barrington
Great location, decent management and service, huge apartment (1300 sqft with high ceilings)
Apartment is nice and mostly secure. Washer and dryer in apartment, and pet friendly without having to get your dog an ESA certificate. Secure garage parking with ample guest parking. Pool and gym on site. Equity raised the rent almost 8% between my first and second year.
Great, affordable apartment with great location
Really comfortable and affordable apartment, it’s located right next to the metro and there are many stores across the street including target and a mall. Many other grocery stores are in walking distance as well as a movie theater. LA Fitness and Planet Fitness are across the street 3 min away walking. Been staying here since first year and it’s a great place if you’re looking for bang for your buck.
Great, not the cheapest`
Great space. Not the cheapest for being out in Hyattsville but it is a nice space. It is right next to the mall and is in walking distance of 2 super markets. It is directly adjacent to the metro station making the commute much easier. Not as social a space, neighbors include families and professionals. No dedicated security or reception. The doors lock behind you when you enter.
Really great apartment. Only drawback is that there’s no w/d in unit
It is a hassle to get to the law school (35-45 min bus/train ride). Smells often in elevator and outside. Rent is too expensive.
Location is Great, Rest is a Shrug
I've lived in the building for a number of years, and originally moved in for the location and the community feel of the building. The location is still great, but the leasing company has clearly decided to give priority to a totally new group of renters, to the detriment of long-time renters. The building was clearly designed to be a no-frills, middle-income building to increase housing options for the neighborhood, and the further it moves away from being that, the stranger and less positive the whole thing seems to be.
Great neighborhood. Great clean building. Though a bit expensive, that is why I am moving when my lease ends. But highly suggested if you are willing to pay
Worth the money
Great amenities, you will experience sticker shock if you're not familiar with CA housing prices. 1.7 miles from Merage.
An 'okay' place to live
I personally do not like that I cannot control my A/C. Also, the property management does not repair elevators in a timely fashion. Further, I was once unable to do laundry for a month because the payment system in the laundry room was out of service. The concierge has trouble locating my packages. On the positive side, my studio is quite spacious and the maintenance is very attentive whenever I have an issue within my unit. The apartment complex is overall more pleasant during the warmer weather than during the colder.
Great accommodation! Close to UCI
It's a great apartment complex that is located less than 2 miles from campus. There are 2 bus routes that take you to campus (great if you don't drive!). No annoying or loud neighbors and everyone is respectful around the community