Apartments located in
- Responsive to maintenance requests
- Proactive about building issues
- Highly reputable in the Philadelphia area
- Create a social environment in their buildings
Recent Pearl Properties reviews
Nicely renovated building with reasonable price. My unit has amazing floor to ceiling windows. Pearl Properties is great - responsive, throws a lot of free events, etc.
Noise noise noise!
This building is in the middle of hotels, night clubs and traffic congestion. The windows are large and super thin, therefore don't provide any noise (and heat) isolation. You will wake up in the middle of the night with either 1) people fighting on the street, 2) loud music from the night club across the street, 3) garbage truck or 4) street singer shouting.
Sonder living - perfect for students
I lived in The Terrace on 18th through Sonder. Overall, a great turnkey option that I can just move in and out of easily. No need to even think about subletting, just move out during breaks.
- Could pay rent by credit card
- Lease is month to month, can cancel up to 3 days before move-in with no penalty
- Apartment came fully furnished (furniture and kitchenware) with fast internet, a Chromecast, quality toiletries, and even coffee and basic cooking ingredients (olive oil, salt, pepper)
- Access to 24/7 fitness center that's never crowded
- Electronic keypads so didn't need to bring around keys
- Easy to get to Penn campus via Drexel shuttle at 19th and Arch or via trolley at 18th and Market
- Easy to get to 30th St Amtrak and Suburban SEPTA stations to go to NYC / Newark Airport
- Washer/dryers on every other floor that are free to use
- West-facing unit still brought in light because of reflections on shiny skyscrapers - a win for an otherwise dim unit
- Had cockroaches - this was gross, but some spray and traps did the trick
- AC unit is super loud
- A little further from the Wharton MBA action, and moving around Center City at night on foot doesn't feel the safest
- Not much by way of restaurants or grocery stores in the immediate vicinity - at least 10 mins away by foot
- No direct contact with building staff: have to reach out to Sonder to then forward any messages to on-site staff (can take time and messages often inaccurately communicated)
- Can't receive mail/packages to the Sonder
- Would be great to be able to leave luggage with the building for longer than a day
Great location and friendly management
This building is a hidden gem for Wharton students - very centrally located, with nice amenities.
Great, newer building. Nice common spaces and gym. Walls are a little thin. Units can be dark depending on which side of building.
Wharton building with great amenities
A lot of Wharton students live in this building. I was a Wharton pass-down so got a great deal on the unit. Have heard from others that the street noise can get disruptive if you're in an exterior facing unit; my unit is on the interior so not much natural light (windows open to a courtyard) but extremely quiet. The building is a bit difficult to navigate for guests, but the security is great and management is very responsive. Highly recommend but make sure you check the unit you're renting before committing.
My experience has been pretty great so far. Everything is clean and works well and I also love the high ceilings. My only complaints are around the electric stovetops which I don't love, the noise level is pretty high (you can hear everything from the street, but sound is good within the building) and you can definitely tell the apartment has some age. The management team is responsive and supportive. I think this is incredible value when comparing to the other apartments on the market. Of course, we are not getting super luxurious amenities and appliances, but personally it is far more than enough. There is free laundry on every floor and a small lounge in the laundry room, and a small gym with free weights and a few treadmills. There is no doorman but if you get locked out you can ask for help from the nearby building (Beacon).
If you have ANY sensitivity for noise or want to sleep at a reasonable time, do NOT rent here! I’m serious, i lived in multiple city centers (all larger than Philly), but this is the worst experience i had in terms of noise pollution. There is a night club right across the street with NO sound isolation (trashy music until 2am, then drunk people fighting after). There are multiple homeless people shouting/singing constantly. I’m not even mentioning car honks and truck sounds. For reference, i live on a higher floor and keep my windows shut.
Pros: internals are new-ish (renovated), maintenance crew is nice and responsive
Really nice amenities and the building is very well maintained. It’s a little far from campus, but close to all the restaurants and night life.
The Latham Review
Safe and comfortable
I feel very safe in the building -- it is a small entrance with someone at the front desk 24/7. They almost never let someone up without having them sign in or calling the tenant they are going to see. Packages are secure. Management and all staff are lovely and very responsive. I have had zero issues. No pests (haven't seen one bug or anything). Clean, modern apartment.
Perfect if you don't need a ton of space
Updated kitchen and bathroom, with a tiny freezer, dishwasher, oven and microwave - super cute. Not a ton of space (this was a former hotel), but if you come in knowing what to expect this is a great value option in the heart of Rittenhouse, on a safe street, and with lots of food options nearby. ~30 min walk to campus but right next to the bus stop. The CapitalOne cafe downstairs is a bonus for coffee addicts!
Love living at the Beacon. Incredible and super responsive landlord. Units are wonderful. Super convenient to class (steps from the bus stop) and to evening activities.
The Beacon Review
The Beacon Review
Great apartment at a great price
My unit is a spacious, corner unit with high ceilings, tons of natural light, and hardwood floors throughout. There aren’t a ton of amenities but it’s enough for what I need (small gym, free laundry on every floor, Amazon hub lockers instead of a doorman), and I pay less in rent so it’s a win-win for me. Pearl is also a wonderful management company. Highly recommend!